I had an epiphany while I was talking to my roommate Sarah. Sarah's my only roommate who really talks to me. Amanda will occasionally talk to me to say things like "don't use my silverware" and "take out the trash," and Brooke... well, I managed to get six words out of her the other day. She still refuses to even look at me most of the time. Anyway, I like Sarah a lot. She's pretty and she smiles a lot and she's very spunky and, amazingly, she actually acknowledges my existence. Unfortunately, she's graduating this Christmas and moving out, leaving me with the two who very clearly don't like having me around. So I was talking to Sarah about this and discovered that Brooke has wanted her own room from the beginning. Sarah says Brooke will probably try and have me moved into Amanda's room after Sarah leaves. This gave me the epiphany about why Brooke doesn't like me. It's not that I did anything to tick her off--it's simply that my very existence means that she doesn't have her own room like she wants. So Brooke still doesn't like me, but I feel better now knowing that it's her problem, not mine.
In other news, I've been working with the acrylic ball lately and I'm starting to get fairly good at contact juggling. Strut strut strut! Really, if I can get as good as Karl (the guy who originally taught me how to juggle), I'll be happy.
I have a bunch of homework I ought to get done, but for some reason, I'm having trouble concentrating again. I'm tempted to go get some caffeine, which sometimes helps, but it's five in the evening, and if I get caffeine now, I won't be able to get to sleep tonight and my performance tomorrow will suffer. Which doesn't matter too much, I suppose, since I only have two classes, one of which is German, which is pretty easy. (Having said that, watch me get back a C on last Thursday's quiz....)
Meh.
(Edit: Oh oh oh! Also, proof that Rob's a keeper: He gave me donuts this morning!!! :D)
3 comments:
don't let her move you :P
I hope the new roommate that replaces you is fun for you!
Ah, enlightenment is a beautiful thing.
Post a Comment