The strawberry banana V8 juice is fantastic! I thought it was funny, when I was at Safeway today comparing the normal with the light, though... Light is exactly the same thing, only it's only 50% juice. The rest is water and sweetener. The normal kind doesn't have any sugars added. Seems to me that the normal kind is healthier.
We got over a foot of wet, heavy snow dumped on us yesterday, and it didn't get shoveled. So we hardly got any rooms cleaned today because we couldn't get to them. Couldn't find the stairs to the porches, and took forever to walk anywhere. Tessie was going so slow I was tempted to pick her up and carry her. But we spent most of the day doing laundry and getting some other stuff that we'd been putting off for a while, such as counting the old, stained, and ripped sheets and throwing them away. It's been so long since we'd done that that the box was ripped apart because it was so overstuffed.
Rye was very displeased at the idea that I might not be able to work tomorrow because I'm supposed to be working night shift.... So I talked with Scott about it, and now Eric's doing night shift instead. I don't know if it's permanent or just for this week. I suspect it's permanent, which is a shame, because I was really enjoying it. Oh well... with the amount of stuff we'll have to do these next few months, I would have been going into overtime practically every week, I guess, and that wouldn't make Scott and Jewel happy at all.
Got a monster blister on my hands from shoveling snow this morning. Rye had me shovel a path from Laundry to Supply since I was "too happy this early in the morning." I would gladly have shoveled more, but Rye said he didn't want me dead for the rest of the day. Bah! Just because he's old and feeble doesn't mean I am! But because of the blister, I stopped... I haven't had blisters on my hands since I was little and practically lived on the monkey bars.
I started reading Elvendude today, having finally finished Crystal Singer. I thought Crystal Singer was okay... but it was boring, and I couldn't relate to the main character. Besides the fact that I thought she was a slut--she slept with no less than three different guys in the book, and despite Rye's claims of her having "reasons," I have a moral problem with that--she was also arrogant. There wasn't really a plot to the book, either. No climax, no hook, nothing. Basically just "This is what is was like becoming a Crystal Singer." La-di-da.
Elvendude started out pretty good, but the fact that practically everyone in the book so far either does drugs or deals them kind of makes me uncomfortable. I'm only on page 53 so far, though, so I'll read a bit more.
This post has been brought to you by the word coruscation.
5 comments:
I wish you would come HERE and shovel. You should write a review of Crystal Singer anyway. You need to build up your resume/portfolio.
elvendude lol :P
Wow... you really do need some new books to read, don't you?
Try this site for some free internet books (if I'm understanding how the site works correctly):
http://www.ipl.org/div/subject/browse/hum60.60.00/
Or go to www.ipl.org and then choose "reading room" from the menu.
You could also try
http://www.free-ebooks.net/
I know it's not the same as actually holding a book in your own two hands... but maybe?
Reading your post again, makes me want to get more of that strawberry banana v8 juice, it was delicious ^^
Haven't heard of either of those books but I did get to go through a repair manuel for a CAT Excavator today and do a valve adjustment on the engine. I got so greasy and had a total blast doing it to! So when are you going to learn how to fix your car and do basic mantinence stuff on it? Not a big fan of sluty women in books either....or slutty classmates either. Though after geting of the phone with you last night there were these different groups of high schoolers wandering by the lunch counter and I am pretty sure the girls were slutty goth types. EWWW!!! Seward night life is nothing compared to some of the things I have seen crawling the streets of Palmer late at night, from the saftey of the lunch room windows while studying diesel mechanic stuff.....Anything new happening? Tell Rye that he needs to "Man Up" next time you see him?
Post a Comment