Wednesday, January 2, 2008

New year's ideas

I was reading the Queen's blog and thought her new year's resolution to update the blog every day was a good one. I haven't been updating nearly often enough lately. Of course, for the last several years, my only new year's resolution has been to not make any new year's resolutions. However, since I know I won't stick to them, I will go ahead and make some new year's ideas to attempt if I don't feel too lazy.

1) Update blog daily. I already failed at that. But I mean starting today. Yeah.
2) Write a letter or an e-mail once a week. Probably on Sundays. Then I can pretend I'm keeping the Sabbath holy in some form or another, and that makes me religious, which means I can go back to college. Or something.
3) Remember to pay my bills on time. Geez, I'm bad at that. I can never keep track of when I have to pay which bill. Maybe I should get a calendar. Maybe it should have wolves on it. Or dragons. Maybe Barbies. Okay, just kidding about the Barbies. Heehee, I remember when I was in third grade and got a Barbie for Christmas and cried because I didn't like it. Why am I rambling about Barbies? I'm supposed to be making a list.
4) Never talk about Barbies again. Ever.
5) Write a song. Or finish the song I'm writing. whichever. Maybe both. Or something.
6) Do push-ups and curl-ups at least three times a week. Not counting today because I'm too lazy today.
7) Don't die.

Well, that seems like a pretty exhaustive list. Seven's a good number to stop on, don't you think? When I was learning about the Revelation of John in Antwerp, I learned that seven was a symbolic number in the Bible because it was considered to be perfect or something. God liked the number seven, so it became sacred or something. I don't know. Anyway, it was symbolic. There are a couple of symbolic numbers in the Bible. Three, seven, twelve, and forty, I believe. If you read the Bible, you'll see those numbers over and over again. That and "multitudes." I like the word "multitude."

Anyway...

The missionaries are supposed to visit in just over an hour. I actually took some time to pick up my room and all. I need to make a good impression on them so they put in a good word for me with the bishop so I can get my ecclesiastical endorsement so I can go back to college this August. September. Whenever school starts. Because I haven't been going to church because I've had to work on Sundays. Well, okay, there were a few Sundays I had off that I didn't go to church because I'm lazy and have a mild attitude problem. Also, I hate wearing dresses. But that's just a secondary reason. First person to make a snide comment about me going to church naked gets a slap in the face!

So... funny story... I have this obnoxious habit of making bad "your mom" jokes. In other words, I repeat what people just said, but put "your mom" in front of it. For example...

Rye: Lint Monkey, we really need to work on your "Yo Mama" jokes...
Me: Your MOM really needs to work on "Yo Mama" jokes....

Burn! To the max!

Um... yeah... Oh, I was also going to make a new year's idea to write a story. But that would make more than seven, and that's unholy. Gasp!! How dare I entertain the thought!

Well, I'm off to do my seven days of penance for that. Except then I wouldn't be able to update my blog every day. And that would be breaking my new year's idea, and that's unholy too. Well, that's a horrible situation to be in. Allow me to go contemplate the horror of this situation. Farewell. And so on. Today's post has been brought to you by the word sultry. I just learned that word yesterday. Tomorrow's post will be brought to you by the word gimp as soon as I look it up. Rye and Beth wouldn't tell me what it means.

3 comments:

Queen Karana said...

OH NO! Don't call my insanity a resolution! It'll guarantee me to fail. LOL Just kidding... I guess it IS a resolution of sorts... but I wasn't really thinking of it that way. TOO MUCH PRESSURE! And I can't stand the pressure. :)

Honestly, I like THIS idea for a resolution:
http://www.travelingthoughts.com/2008/01/01/2008-word-of-the-year/

Hope the link works...

dubby said...

. . . I . . . don't . . . like . . . the Yo Mama "jokes"

Obliviocelot said...

Yep. I know. Neither does Nikki. But you don't have to hear them. So you'll get over it. :P